Facial Rejuvenation Massage
(Also known as Natural Face Lift Massage)
Facial Rejuvenation Massage is a special combination of massage techniques. These are Amna, which is the traditional system of massage in Japan and Ayurveda, the ancient Indian healing method. The system of facial massage is part of the ancient teachings of both India and Japan, and has been refined for the West over time. Natural Face Lift Massage can improve the complexion, remove toxins from the face, prevent facial wrinkles and balance the emotions.
In the East, beauty is considered equal to optimum state of health. Even the most attractively shaped face cannot be beautiful if the person is not well, as health and beauty are not separate. When a person glows with the radiance of true health, nothing else is necessary for genuine beauty. Oriental medicine teaches that there are three factors into harmony. The intention of Natural Face Lift Massage is to help prolong this natural, true health and beauty and to prevent disease.
We must always be objective and systematic in our work. We must see how we can meet the clients expectations with what is realistic and within our skills range. Through good consultations we can address the clients expectations, and our skills range can be improved through a combination of ongoing training and good networking with other therapists.
The Benefits of Natural Face Lift Massage:
- A comprehensive mind & body treatment performed on the face, head, neck and shoulders
- Ideal for clients who do not wish to disrobe, but would like a pampering massage
- Excellent for those who carry all their desk or driving tension in their upper body
- The facial skin feels invigorated, lifted and supple
- Better upper respiratory function through the relaxant efect and sinus drainage
- Better local circulation for face and scalp
- Tension feels as though it is lifted from the scalp
- For relaxation, our muscles benefit more from a firmer deeper touch. The head massage can be varied from light and stimulating to slower and deeper, depending on the clients requirements. Pressure on the scalp from neck tension is usually underestimated and the NFLM releases tension all the way through from the shoulder blades to the forehead.
- The feedback mechanism that our nervous system uses to relax or stimulate us reacts to somatic input. That is contact with nerve endings through the skin. While the scalp itself is not sensitive, the muscles around the face and neck are sensitive and hold a lot of tension through the protection of the neck. Most people are very surprised to feel that they have so much tension in their jaws and face.
Skin Tissue and Vascular System:
- The benefits for the skin and the circulation through NFLM come from a combination of detoxification and the relaxant effect. We can stimulate the systemic circulation significantly through working on any part of the skin because of the large number of blood vessels close to the surface. Any stimulation of the vascular system replenishes skin tissue - hense following exercise or a massage we'll have a rosy and healthier complexion. Damage to facial capillaries occurs as a result of dryness or cold wind on the face. Massage to the face brings blood (and the repair nutrients) to the skin cells to help regenerate them.
Immunity, Endocrine and Lymphatic System:
- The more stressed we are, the less efficient our immunity works - therapists will know that and why. Importantly, because of our endocrine feedback system, the more nerve endings we contact at a time, the more impact we can have on our endocrine output. While the skin around our shoulders is not very sensitive, a great deal of sensation is carried through the face. The relaxant effect of massage on our necks and face is disproportionately good. With better para-sympathetic output, our lymphatics and immunity will be more efficient. The draining effect to the sinuses is significant.
Effects on Metabolism
- The body's ability to convert food and other substances into suitable energy for its own use is called metabolism. This system can only work well if we are not stressed. It is dependant on the para-sympathetic nervous system, which is often suppressed through stress. Massage where it is not contra-indicated is one of the vital tools in helping to correct the symptoms of faulty metabolism, promoting health and vitality throughout all the systems of the body. It is not necessary therefore to always work on the abdomen to achieve a beneficial outcome.